Three Meaningful Codes of Ethics contained in the NAEYC and DEC

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 8 - Final Blog Assignment


During the past 8 weeks, I’ve learned a lot from my classmates whom have been in the field of early childhood education; however I can say I learned the most from reading about and discussing issues and trends that are happening in other countries besides the United States. Although I never made contact with any of my international contacts, reading about different issues has opened my eyes on many different levels. These weekly readings have increased my knowledge, changed my mind on different beliefs, and have molded me to be a better educator in the future.  Having this knowledge will help me to pay closer attention to a child and their families to see if they need help, with not only in the education area, but perhaps with household situations, such as having comfort because they may have cultural differences, language barriers or needing help providing necessities. I have also learned that what I may see or hear in the United States has become an even bigger issue in other countries.



My overall goal in regards to international awareness is to be more of an advocate for these families, regardless of cultural background. I believe that we all can use someone to lean on every now and then, and I do not mind being that person. Although I cannot speak other languages fluently, I would not mind being able to see that the family gets the proper help from someone who does. Coming into this field of study, I had a passion to help and I plan on seeing that plan through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment