Three Meaningful Codes of Ethics contained in the NAEYC and DEC

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Doorway to Professional Learning Communities


Some time ago, while attempting to obtain a Master of Education degree with concentration in Administration, Management and Leadership here at Walden, I was required to set up a blog, hence the “Johnson Early Childhood” link name of this blog. I did attempt to create a new blog through wordpress.com, but it just seemed a bit confusing to me, therefore I decided to tap into the phrase “stick with what you know.” However, I was able to at least change the overall name.

This week, we were required to give a brief overview of the type of content that can be found on three design blogs. The three blogs I found interesting are listed and described below.

·         The first I explored, as mentioned above, was wordpress.com. The site did seem user friendly, however for someone like me that is not used to the world of blogging, it did not. I did like the multiple themes that were available to add to the blog, with the variety of colors. I found it a bit confusing when attempting to set up the RSS feed, so I decided to stick with the blog I already had set up, which is this one.


·         As an individual looking to get further into the field of instructional design and technology, the second blog I came across was entitled, “Cathy Moore – Let’s Save the World from Boring Training.” On this blog, she discusses a multitude of things – such as how to make learning fun by adding simple things such as humor using funny cartoons to presentations to the top 3 powerful ideas you should steal from marketing. Her way of explaining concepts are extremely intriguing to me since I am new to the world of instructional design and she gives different ways of training and gives a variety of explanations.

 
·         The last and final blog I visited was called The Rapid E-Learning Blog. This blog was very delightful and colorful, which is very eye catching. It talks about how to communicate to e-learners, what they need to know as well as how to create engaging e-learning presentations. Although I did not have a change to read through the entire site, the little bit I did read was interesting in knowing what should and should not be included and gave helpful hints on how to portray concepts to any audience. 

 

During this course, I look forward to reading more into the above described blogs to gain a better understanding of the world of IDT along with the resources available to me within the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment