Three Meaningful Codes of Ethics contained in the NAEYC and DEC

Friday, November 2, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources




The steps taken this week in attempting to contact a professional from outside of the United States has been harder than I thought. I went to the Global Alliance website and printed down the list of professionals within the variety of regions. I emailed a couple of people; however I began to receive a lot of “undeliverable mail.” The final two attempts were made to Mrs. Bimbo Are at the Ajoke International School, which is located in Africa and Mrs. Eva-Hammes-Di Bernardo and her secretary Ms. Ulrike Konrad-Ristau at the German National Committee for Early Childhood Education. I am keeping my fingers crossed, as I hope to hear from one of them to gain a better insight of how education is conducted around them as well as their part in contribution. 

I chose to research the National Institute for Early Education Research. Their website, www.nieer.org, caught my attention, in particularly, because it covers a vast amount of concepts that are taken in consideration when it comes to education. For example, it talks about Quality and Curriculum, State Programs as well as English language learners, and in my opinion targets those individuals, like the Gonzales family in week 1’s discussion. They also offer a free sign-up to their newsletter, which is great!

I look forward to hearing from my future International colleagues soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Johnson,
    Yes it is very hard to get in contact with educators outside the US. I also picked that website too because it provides a variety of information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnson, I'm glad to know we mailed the same professional Mrs Bimbo Are. I hope to hear from her soon. I made contact with National black child development institute because it would give me a better feedback since I am working from Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely in the same boat as you are right now. I haven't gotten any responses from my contacts and have received at least one "undeliverable" e-mail. In thinking about your website choice, I saw that you commented about a number of topics that the organization addressed on their site. Which topic interested you the most?

    ReplyDelete