Three Meaningful Codes of Ethics contained in the NAEYC and DEC

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Supports


My daily environment that is extremely supportive to me is the staff I work with. Currently, being the “newbie” in the world of early childhood and working at my best friend’s daycare facility, I do not know what I would do without her support and my fellow teachers at the facility. I have been able to compare what I’ve learned in my academics and take it with me to the school on a daily basis and vice versa. If I have a problem with understanding a concept these ladies have been able to give me examples of or what I should be looking for. They have helped and guided me through encouragement throughout this process.

Another valuable supporters I have in my corner is my Husband, my Mother, my Grandmother and of course my Son. These people has been behind me and supporting me all the way through making a major change in my career with going from the business world to taking on the enchantment of the early childhood field. My Grandmother has definitely been a major supporter hence; she has been in the educational field since before I was born. They all have been major supporters and have kept me grounded through obtaining my Master’s degree.

With all of these great people I have surrounding me, I have the faith and confidence I need to finish in such a rewarding career.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! It is good to work in environment that you are comfortable. I also work in an environment where my colleagues and I help each to meet deadlines or whether we just step to the next classroom for a moment so that the teacher can be excused for a restroom break. There is nothing that can compare to working in an environment where you can depend on your colleagues to provide help when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your supports. I definitley agree that family is a huge support for me as well. I also agree, it is helpful and benefical to have the support of the staff you work with.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that you have a supportive staff as well as family supports. Your staff can make or break you as a new teacher. I was at a new school in a new state this year and it was very difficult because we had some issues with staff that had poor attitudes about some changes that had taken place in the program. It makes it difficult to stay positive when the people around you are not. Fortunately, it was not my first year of teaching and I have a lot of support outside of school so I was able to make it through. I wonder what I would have done if it were my first year of teaching. It would have definitely given me a bad outlook on the profession. It makes me feel good to hear that other people are having positive experiences. Keep up the good work and best of luck with your new career!

    ReplyDelete